Old April 26th 10, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default The Piccadilly Line

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
Railist wrote:
But my god, three months on and I am cursing the Piccadilly line
almost daily.

It appears to me that a "Good Service" will invariably involve an
interminably slow journey between Cockfosters and Arnos Grove, an
extended pause at either Oakwood and/or Arnos Grove, or trains at
Arnos Grove that arrived after my one, departing first. Sometimes the
driver will tell you that the train that has just arrived will leave
first, but sometimes they don't. Minor Delays have seen me 15 minutes
or more late, and I dread to think what a severe delay is.

I've been saying for years how poor the service is but all the LU
apologists on here just accused me of whinging. Which rather shows the
mindset of the people who work on the system - "there ain't nuffink
wrong and if you complain its cos you's a whinger init"

next one to leave and he shrugged his shoulders. He walked up to the
drivers cab, got in, waited and indeed his train was the next to
leave. So I can either take from that that the drivers don't even know
when they are about to depart and only go by the signals, or he was
just unhelpful.

Probably the latter. They know their booked times but they're not really
interested in helping the people who pay their wages.

B2003