Old April 27th 10, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default The Piccadilly Line

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:46:15 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
So you're telling me they have no idea of which train is leaving
when? What do they do , just go and sit in a cab and wait until the
signal goes green then? Come off it.

The driver is much less interested in this subject than you are -- he's
not in a race with the other train, and doesn't really care which goes
first. So why would he do anything other than show up on time, and wait
till it's his turn to head down the tunnel?

Well airline pilots are apparently aware of their booked departure times.
So are bus drivers. And mainline train drivers. Are you seriously
suggesting tube drivers simply wait for the green light and head off?
I'd have thought these "professionals" as they keep referring to themselves
as would be well aware of the times their trains should leave.

B2003