Old April 27th 10, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default The Piccadilly Line

In message , Recliner
writes
wrote in message

So you're telling me they have no idea of which train is leaving
when? What do they do , just go and sit in a cab and wait until the
signal goes green then? Come off it.

The driver is much less interested in this subject than you are -- he's
not in a race with the other train, and doesn't really care which goes
first. So why would he do anything other than show up on time, and wait
till it's his turn to head down the tunnel?

Oh! he's still here is he?

You've hit the nail on the head. Whilst I know what time I *should*
depart (and it is my responsibility to be there at the appointed time),
I have no idea if a train approaching the platform is booked to go
before me (in which case it will leave before me even if I'm late) or
after me without getting the train number and looking it up in the
timetable. By the time I've done that, either I have the signal to go
or it has and it's too late.