Old April 27th 10, 04:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default New tube map - Apr edition

On 27 Apr, 16:35, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 07:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 27, 2:36=A0pm, Ivor The Engine
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:45:25 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Includes core ELL routes.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

I see they have linked Dalston Junction and Dalston Kingsland as
interchange stations. =A0Is there an exit from DJ north of Dalston Lane?
Otherwise, I wouldn't exactly call a 250 metre walk, involving the
crossing of two busy roads, an 'interchange'!

Its about time they changed the disabled symbol. Its begnining to look a bit
silly plastered over so many stations. Why can't they just have a little icon
similar to the nation rail sign? Just because someones in a wheelchair doesn't
mean they're blind.

B2003

It's only the same size as the blob for an interchange station, and
indicates something about what kind of station it is. The NR symbol
to the side indicates what it's an interchange to, but the blob tells
you that the station is an interchange.

Marylebone is a good example (not an interchange with another LU
line).

So I think there's a reasonable case for it, till so many stations are
accessible that it's the rest that have a different symbol (skull and
crossbones or something).