Old April 27th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default New tube map - Apr edition

On Apr 27, 10:19*pm, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

In message of Tue, 27 Apr 2010
21:36:29 in uk.transport.london, Basil Jet
om writes

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

Is it true that neither Shepheds Bush nor White City Central Line
stations are wheelchair-accessible? How did Westfield get away with
that?

It is true. Neither is a new station, in spite of
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/10134.aspx
saying otherwise for Shepherd's Bush.

I find it more interesting that Wood Lane (wla/wln) has public toilets
from which service was withdrawn. At first the notices on the doors were
covered, while a RADAR key could give access. AFAIR, there is now a
regular LU lock and customers definitely get no service.

A few stations have individual ticket halls without ticket offices or
with permanently closed ticket offices. Wla is unusual in being built
with no ticket office; the only other similarly-deficient station I
recall is Regent's ParK. I assume a ticket office was scrapped in the
recent refurbishment.

Can I just say that I'm not a massive fan of TLAs... or indeed FLAs or
FLAs or whatever-LAs!