Old April 28th 10, 01:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Transport Me! :-)

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Apr 27, 11:17 pm, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

"redcat" wrote in message

Guys, what should I do in London this coming Sunday and Monday?
Zones 1, 2 & 3. Thanks!

I find getting hog-whimperingly drunk as good a way of dealing with being
in
London as any. But then I have to live & work here...

You sound like you could do with a day away from London! Easily done...

I know, apologies to the OP, have a cracking time, take a ride on one of the
Thames Clippers, get off at Greenwich and take a stroll through the foot
tunnel, or just go to the o2 for a meal or drink, it's a pretty good
destination in and of itself. Have a go on the new East London Line, take a
stroll along the Regents Canal through Regents Park, take in Camden Lock &
Market, or travel 600 miles further east and visit the Bavarian Beerhouse on
City Road, the closest thing you'll find to a pukka Munich bierkeller
without getting on an aircraft (I once spent an entire night in there
without speaking a single word of English!)(isn't this where we came in?)
Just a blancmange* depressed that when I walked into work this afternoon I
was presented with a toilet ornament (certificate in frame) to remind me
that I'd been banging my head against the wall of working for LUL for 25
years. Reminded me that no matter what mental picture I have of myself, I'm
no longer the young buck about town of yesteryear.

*Slightly less than a trifle...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.