Old April 28th 10, 11:29 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default ELL Late Preview

On Apr 28, 3:57*pm, Mizter T wrote:
[x-post to uk.transport removed]

On Apr 28, 11:13*pm, E27002 wrote:

On Apr 28, 2:55*pm, Chris Lonsbrough wrote:

Finally got to ride the new ELL today ... *niiiice !

Liked the "endless" 378s .. took a bit of getting used to
but makes the interior very light and airy.

154 still proudly wearing its "First Train" board !

Impressive ironwork bracing the retaining walls at Shadwell ...

What is the reason for the curious low-level lighting at the
North end ot the Whitechapel platforms ?

Overall a very good experience !

This week I have read so many positive reports about the re-opened ELL
that I wish I was in London in order to take some photos, and ride the
trains.

The route is creating a very positive response from its users.

I rather doubt that the bulk of those who've ridden it in the past
couple of days and posted reports online will end up being its regular
users - though I've seen a few comments from those who fall into this
category, whom seem to be well aware that the current situation of
sparsely populated trains at rush hour won't stay that way for long!

My feeling was that the ELL might remain the poor relation. The first
time that I explored the route was 1969. In those days it was in a
truly atrocious state. IMHO it was a borderline public health risk.
It is a joy to see the turnaround in its fortunes.

Also, I know you like crossposting stuff - but x-posting to
uk.transport is inadvisable, as it really isn't likely to bring in
anything constructive to the debate - these days it basically seems to
be a forum full of argumentative petrol heads, rather than being
something more holistic as the name might suggest.

You advice is appreciated, and will be taken.