Old April 29th 10, 04:35 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default ELL Late Preview

On Apr 29, 8:47*am, Ian Jelf wrote:
In message
,
E27002 writes

The first time that I explored the route was 1969. *In those days it
was in a truly atrocious state. *IMHO it was a borderline public health
risk. It is a joy to see the turnaround in its fortunes.

Did you ever ride on the pre-rebuilt Glasgow Subway?! * :-)

No I was spared that. I did travel on it after the rebuild. IIRC it
retained some of the surface buildings, which were very evocative.