Old April 30th 10, 07:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default New tube map - Apr edition

On Apr 30, 12:00*am, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, Mizter T wrote:

On Apr 28, 8:39*pm, Bruce wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:39:26 +0100, Ian Jelf
[snip]
I'm turning off my radio microphone as we speak.......

A wise move. *;-)

But for those who always wanted to be a "fly on the wall" and see
exactly what the *real* Gordon Brown is like, now we know! *:-)

Cameron can apparently be more than a little tetchy from time to time
- smooth operator that he is, this wouldn't be the kind of thing that
would happen to him of course! And now this has happened every
politician will be on guard for it happening to them forever more...
(Though courtesy of open mikes- albeit not radio mikes - we've had the
benefit of Major and the cabinet *******s, Bush and "yo Blair" -
though it was actually "yeah Blair", presidential candidate Bush
sounding off to Cheney about a reporter being a "major league
asshole", current Vice-President Biden describing the signing of the
healthcare bill to Obama as "a big f***ing deal", and several sundry
other unwittingly reproduced outbursts

The most notorious case being former cowboy actor Ronald Reagan during a
microphone check before a speech in 1984, which he didn't realise would be
audible to everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Yeah that was fantastic! I'm not quite sure who that went out to
though - many accounts are a bit muddled and even contradictory, but I
think it happened just before he was going to give one of his (weekly)
radio addresses and so may have just gone down the line to
broadcasters, but wasn't actually broadcast by them. I did read
somewhere that it caused the Kremlin to step up the Soviet alert
status, but if it wasn't actually broadcast I can't quite see how
they'd have heard it - unless of course they had tapped in on one of
the lines which was being used to distribute it - so I rather suspect
that part of the story might be nonsense. I'll try and get to the
bottom of it sometime.