Old April 30th 10, 10:50 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default ELL Late Preview

On 29 Apr, 16:47, Ian Jelf wrote:

Did you ever ride on the pre-rebuilt Glasgow Subway?! * :-)

I did, loads of times. My favourites were the car with sliding grilles
at the ends, as opposed to solid doors, and trying to spot where the
cable grippers had been removed. Ripple effect glass partitions. Cast
brass instructions to use the - long gone - spittoons.

Like everyone else I used it to see the Queen for her silver jubilee,
which was the last day of the old system. The new has never really
been the same.

Ian