Old April 30th 10, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default NXEA & OEPs

On Apr 30, 9:04*pm, Neil Williams
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:53:04 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:
Quite
possible all S&B ticket machines regardless of TOC can 'do' OEPs -
sounds as though S&B (or whoever) got round to developing and rolling
out a software modification so as to handle OEPs.

Yep. *The LM ones do as well.

UIVMM the LM ones didn't do OEPs until recently though. I must admit
I'm not totally certain as to whether I ever tested the LM ticket
machines for their OEP ability (or lack thereof) back in January -
afraid my experimentation does rather lack scientific rigour at times,
like recording (and publishing) the results!

My guess is that all S&B TVMs* within London that are Oyster capable
are now able to issue (and cancel) OEPs - Shere TVMs fitted with
Oyster pads could do so already, so actually getting hold of an OEP
(so to speak) is now a bit easier. Though SWT machines, despite being
S&B, don't do Oyster at all - they're all fitted with ITSO smartcard
readers for SWT's forthcoming smartcard system instead. Somewhat
ironic as SWT were widely thought to have been at the forefront of the
TOC awkward squad when it came to acceptance of Oyster PAYG in London.

Perhaps just in time
for the whole system to be abandoned come May!

Really? *That's good news.

Well, I understand that's when the system is up for review - TfL don't
like it at all, and lots of people seemingly don't really understand
it and/or can't be bothered with it (including some TOC staff, by the
sounds of it).

-----
*TVM = Ticket Vending Machine