Old May 1st 10, 06:41 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default ELL Late Preview

On Apr 30, 4:16*pm, Ian Jelf wrote:
I never saw the "old" system in operation but you do get a real sense of
what it was like (confirmed by your description) from the really rather
good reconstruction of a Subway Station (is it Merkland Street?) In the
Museum of Transport at Kelvin Hall.

Alas, Glasgow's Museum of Transport closed a fortnight ago. Its
exhibits are being relocated to the new Riverside Museum, which is due
to open next year. The 1930s street (Kelvin Street) is coming along
too - presumably with the recreated subway station.
There's some details at http://www.riversideappeal.org/about.../the-building/

I'm sure every inch was photographed over the last few months, so
you'll find plenty of it on flickr - a quick search finds
http://www.flickr.com/photos/romari/...110374/detail/