Old May 3rd 10, 10:27 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default Which railway line would you like to see re-opened if money wasno object?

On May 2, 5:56*pm, Subterraneo wrote:
E27002 wrote:
On May 2, 12:56 pm, "Mortimer" wrote:
This is pure pie-in-the sky.

Suppose cost, profitability and practicality (eg no houses built on the
trackbed) were not an issue.

Which closed line would be your favourite to be reopened - just so you could
travel on it, see the views and soak up the atmosphere?

I think I'd vote for the Scarborough - Whitby - Saltburn line along the
coast. The view of the sea from Sandsend Viaduct, across Larpool Viaduct and
brief glimpses from Staithes Viaduct would be well worth it.

Sheffield to Banbury.

The Northern Heights - it's needed for traffic congestion relief plus
you'd get a fantastic view over north-east London from the Muswell Hill
viaduct.

I still ponder why that one was ever closed. And, if the Northern
Line is ever split, the second route to Edgware would be very useful.