Old May 4th 10, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] davidmetzger0@gmail.com is offline

Default A cut!

On May 3, 2:07*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2010 20:14:22 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
This is nothing compared to the NYC MTA cuts .

http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=24

I would agree. Having ploughed my way through the various documents some
of the cutbacks look very serious indeed. *Others, though, may look
savage on a map but if the numbers of riders is as low as stated then I
am frankly surprised they've lasted quite as long as they have.

I note there has been a lot of responses to the proposals - what is the
reaction from New Yorkers? * Is the MTA back to the bad old days of
being bust and not being able to spend money to keep the vehicles and
infrastructure in shape?
--
Paul C

It seems to be a nationwide problem . Chicago L A have Increased fares
and did similar cuts. Yes there is a big outcry I live near the north
end of the new M train have to use different cars going from 8 75'
cars to 8 60' cars because the platforms cant accommodate the longer
trains between Essex st and Metropolitan and the 75' cars cant handle
the curve at the brooklyn end of the williamsburgh bridge