Old May 4th 10, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving
loopy livernose loopy livernose is offline

Default Why is there always an accident at Clacket Lane on M25?

wrote in message
On the radio yet again this morning - an accident at Clacket Lane
services.
Is there something particularly bad about the way the exits roads to this
service station have been designed? I've driven that part of the M25 more
times
than is probably good for me but I haven't noticed anything unusual that
would give rise to so many accidents but clearly something is confusing
some
motorists. Does anyone have any ideas?

B2003

I have seen several caused by/around the services themselves (well the
location and id10t drivers.). there are the ones on the slip road out
(which is (generally) pretty short).. and so many drivers expect a gap to
be created for them.. on the entry way caused by, of course, the last
minute 3rd lane tw@s who drive across the lanes barely making the slip
road..

but its also a very crowded but very fast (until an accident is there) part
of the M25..

it is also one of the most poorly maintained bits of motorway (IMHO) with
potholes and truck ruts and in rain I've never known a bit of MWay so bad
for spray.. (seems to be worse than most but no idea why).

but generally its because of drivers being tw@s..