Old January 16th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Crame Thomas Crame is offline

Default Live ETA on Bakerloo Line

Tom Anderson wrote in message ...
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Richard J. wrote:

Thomas Crame wrote:

This is probably a good idea, as they have introduced a number of
problems with the ETA displays (look at Elephant and Castle for
example), which weren't in the original programme.

How did the original program deal with Elephant & Castle, then?

What's special about Elephant and Castle?

tom

Firstly, I didn't write tracker (it was before I joined LUL), but a
colleague of mine did. It seems to be an LUL initiative at the moment
to produce ideas that have very little benefit (unless of course you
live across the road from a Bakerloo line station), but look good in
the eyes of the public.

I don't think it was part of the author's job description, but he did
write the programming to drive the computer desk displays in the
control room, which is quite similar.

The special thing about elephant and castle is it's the terminus, and
you can get the info on eta to display both Southbound (Elephant and
Castle) and Northbound destinations on the same screen, which the Dot
matrix programming will not do.