Old May 6th 10, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why is there always an accident at Clacket Lane on M25?

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:25:51AM +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote:
In roadworks, I've never really understood why there should be a greater
risk of accidents. In 50 years of driving, I've never seen one happen
there. [In fact, I've hardly ever seen a 'live' accident - except those
involving myself!]

I have: on the M11 a lorry lost a tyre about a mile ahead of me.
Quite entertaining.

I have too. On some northern motorway, someone coming the other way was
drifting all over the place. I thought "bah 'eck" (I'd been in the
north for a week, it was rubbing off on me) "that looks like trouble",
and then they hit the central barrier and the car bounced up in the air
and disintegrated. Seconds later I went through the cloud of debris,
thankfully suffering nothing worse than a chipped windscreen and a
dented roof.

I didn't see what else happened, or what happened to cause the initial
loss of control, and didn't hang around either, working on the
assumption that the accident was going to stop the traffic on the
northbound carriageway anyway and someone else would call for an
ambulance.

I did phone the Oop North Police when I got home to try and give a
statement but they weren't interested.

I wouldn't call it entertaining, but it was at least exciting. I expect
that having an HIV test after your SO admits to sleeping with tramps is
similar.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE POLICE
PUT DOWN YOUR THESAURUS
STEP AWAY FROM THE CLICHE