Old May 6th 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default New East London Line report

Jamie Thompson wrote:
On 6 May, 12:10, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Jamie Thompson wrote:

Yet they didn't build the bays capable of taking 8-car trains?

That's probably because there are so many other platforms on the
original ELL that cannot easily be extended beyond current size. If
they wanted to use longer trains generally, Dalston would be the
least of the problems.

So why build Shoreditch High Street with 8 car platforms?

I had a look and most seemed quite achievable given the will to do so.

I meant only 'original ELL' such as Wapping and Rotherhithe, and even the
relatively new Canada Water. But SHS is a special case that happens to have
been built in a box the entire length of the Bishopsgate site to allow for
future building work over the top.

Paul S