Old May 7th 10, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Cameron to be new PM

Basil Jet wrote:
Announcement due at 2:30pm. Presumably this will help Boris do what he
wants, although a Tory majority would have been better for him.

From where I'm sitting Cameron is damaged, possibly fatally and Boris
is doing a very overt bid for the party leadership, distancing himself
from the anti-PR nutters (i.e. advocating an alliance with the Lib Dems,
which is opposed by the Tory hardcore) and pretending that London voted
Tory - it didn't, Labour did much better than expected, possibly enough
to unseat Boris if transferred to 2012. For that reason my prediction
that he's a one-term Mayor is still valid.

Remember, beneath the buffoon is a cold, clever, calculating, ruthlessly
ambitious politician.

Tom