Old January 16th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Live ETA on Bakerloo Line

On 16 Jan 2004 11:16:14 -0800, (Thomas Crame)
wrote:

[train info on line]
Firstly, I didn't write tracker (it was before I joined LUL), but a
colleague of mine did. It seems to be an LUL initiative at the moment
to produce ideas that have very little benefit (unless of course you
live across the road from a Bakerloo line station), but look good in
the eyes of the public.

A couple of comments

1. I understand Tracker is being rolled out to assist in giving
information to station staff on where the trains are. Given the
unremitting negative comments from passengers about poor information
surely it is a good idea to provide something that can help improve
matters? It obviously isn't a cure all - trains and signals that don't
break down would be a great help in that direction.

2. Can you provide examples to support your sweeping statement about LUL
having an initiative to produce ideas of little benefit? If LUL is so
crap at creating such ideas in your view what do you suggest should be
done then? Or do we have to pay you a fee for copyright before you will
tell us?
--
Paul C