Old May 11th 10, 03:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
SB SB is offline

Default Stopping Getting Tail-Gated on Underground / NR

How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB