Old May 12th 10, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default New govt scraps Heathrow third runway

On May 12, 3:39*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
On 12/05/2010 21:58, E27002 wrote:

On May 12, 1:37 pm, Paul *wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2010 20:45:12 +0100, Basil Jet

*wrote:

Again?

They're going great gusto - that's three cancellations in the space of a
few hours ;-)

What else will be added to their list of cancellations I wonder?
--

I really hope Crossrail is not on the list.

The coalition manifesto is athttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677933.stm
Crossrail is not mentioned. The transport-specific points are...
The establishment of a high-speed rail network.
* The cancellation of the third runway at Heathrow.
* The refusal of additional runways at Gatwick and Stansted.

This coalition idea is great... all the parties can promise the earth
before the election, then put together a coalition afterwards and then
produce a whole new list of promises out of thin air.

Politics unfortunately, don't feel bad, the promises meant little.
Clearly item 1 (The establishment of a high-speed rail network) was
spouted unencumbered by the thinking process. However, I am glad
Crossrail has not hit their radar yet.