Old January 17th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Crame Thomas Crame is offline

Default Stored Underground Stock

"David Splett" wrote in message ...
"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know about the 83ts at South Harrow, Neasden and Uxbridge? I
gather the Cockfosters units have gone.

As far as I know, there are still one or two trains at South Harrow and
Uxbridge sidings, and two trains stored in 32 and 33 sidings near
Cockfosters station. In addition to this, there are various cars stored in
the p-way sidings at Neasden depot (those already moved from Uxbridge and
South Harrow), which are in the (not particularly hurried) process of being
prepared for scrapping.

Also there was some 1972ts at the Bakerloo Depot near Lambeth (name
escapes me) and also near Kensington (again depot name escapes me)
anyone know more?

I believe that one unit remains stored at London Road depot; the one at
Lillie Bridge was there as of two Wednesdays ago. Apart from one or two
units stored at Acton Works, all the remaining stored 1972 stock is at
Shoeburyness AFAIK.

There is still a four car unit at London Road (nicknamed the Gary Day
train by the infrastructure staff) but I think gets robbed for spares.