Old May 15th 10, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default South West Trains platform signage.

On 14/05/2010 16:36, Theo Markettos wrote:
Dr. wrote:
In recent months, South West Trains have changed a lot of signage on
the platforms at their stations in the Oystercard Area (though not all
of them). Noticed new signs (so far) at Queenstown Road, Vauxhall,
Earlsfield, Raynes Park, New Malden, Norbiton, Twickenham, Surbiton
and Feltham. But I have yet to check out the Hounslow loop, Hampton/
Fulwell, Thames Ditton and the Chessington and Ewell West branches in
recent months though.

Yes, I noticed that. When viewed from a distance it's easy to mistake them
for platform numbers. I suppose regular users will get used to them.

Theo

They are rolling out the new white-on-blue style across their whole
network, not just in the zones. Aldershot has them as well (without Fare
zone label obviously).