Old May 16th 10, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 2009 Victoria Line Stock

"Stu" wrote in message

On 14 May, 23:16, "
wrote:
On 14/05/2010 09:47, Recliner wrote:

Of course, most Victoria Line journeys are short, and all are
entirely underground. The 2009 stock can't operate on any other
Tube line, and nor will it be the basis for the replacement
Piccadilly Line stock (which is likely to be based on the current
Northern Line stock). I think the limited, harder, mainly/entirely
longitudinal seating will be more of a problem with the new S
stock, which will often be used for much longer journeys on the
District and Met lines.

Any idea when and where we might catch sight of/see the S stock?

They've been running for a while now. A couple of times I've got a
platform to see one departing. Not managed to travel on one yet. Last
I heard, there were 5 sets running (out of how many I don't know).
Don't know if they run specific diagrams either. If so, you might
catch one southbound from Oxford Circus at about 8am.

No, no S stock trains are in service yet, and they'd need to go on a
starvation diet to squeeze their way down to Oxford Street. I believe
that there is one S stock test train in London, but don't know if it
even has seats fitted. I think they begin to enter service on the
District Line next year.