Old May 16th 10, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 2009 Victoria Line Stock

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

On Sun, 16 May 2010 10:27:36 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

No, no S stock trains are in service yet, and they'd need to go on a
starvation diet to squeeze their way down to Oxford Street. I believe
that there is one S stock test train in London, but don't know if it
even has seats fitted. I think they begin to enter service on the
District Line next year.

The second train arrived last week - we had an internal bulletin to
tell us. The first train most certainly does have seats in it but
covered over because of the test equipment. Coupling tests and other
things will be done now there are two trains delivered.

S Stock is due to start service on the Met this summer so not very
long. This is why there has been all the activity at Aldgate and
Baker St and elsewhere - getting the infrastructure ready.

Good, I take it that the longer S Stock trains now fit into the Baker St
terminating platforms. It must be quite a tight fit. And have the
issues of stabling the longer trains at Hammersmith also been resolved?

I know that there were issues that would concern Amersham man: fewer
trains (because some would go to Chesham instead), with fewer seats.
Presumably nothing can be done about these? And has Amersham man had a
chance to try the new seats?

I know the S stock has higher performance, but I expect that this can't
be used until all the A stock has gone? And extra frequency presumably
depends on the delayed new signalling.