Old May 17th 10, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / new Routemaster) unveiled

On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:12:43 +0100, Tom Barry
wrote:

What's more important is how big the thing is, looks huge to me. It
would have to be to fit in 87 seats, three doors and two staircases, mind.

It's not a Routemaster.

I think it is to a Routemaster what a new Mini is to an old one. It
could never have been as small as a real Routemaster, as it couldn't
have been made accessible enough. And while Routemasters are quite
fun, there is a bit of a lack of legroom for us taller passengers.

I think it's in essence a vertical-engined (I assume) Wright hybrid
decker with a bodykit. This will probably help to make it not too
expensive, which means it might actually happen.

Put differently, I was a cynic, but now I've seen it I like it, even
if it does run around 90% of the time driver-only with the platform
closed. Though if it does do that they'll need some means of making
that visible - will it perhaps be shown on the blind?

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.