Old May 17th 10, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Gatwick - London: first time traveller needs advice

Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
We plan to take the first tube from Walthamstow Central (0522) to Kings
Cross (0539) and then take either the 0602 or 0622 to Gatwick. I have never
been to that station complex. How much time should be allowed for changing
from the Victoria to FCC with potentionally very heavy luggage (depedning
on the amount of shopping carried out )?

The official interchange time is 15 minutes, I think, but I might allow a
little more especially if you don't know the place. 23 mins should be fine.
It helps if you can buy a ticket in advance (which you can do at any manned
National Rail station up to 12 weeks ahead, or book online and collect from
a machine) so you don't have to traipse over to the machines/ticket office
(and queue, though I don't imagine there's much queue at 0540).

(If you have an Anytime Return then you'll already have a valid ticket
assuming you return within a month, so this might not be a problem. It only
applies if you're buying singles)

A rough guess at the walk, excluding lifts etc, would be at least 600m.

Aside to the regulars, if the OP has a 7 day travelcard, can he get a ticket
from Boundary Zone 6 to Gatwick, and by which route would this ticket be
valid?

Theo