Old May 17th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default South West Trains platform signage.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 18:37:50 +0200, Neil Williams
wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2010 23:07:54 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

White on navy blue is supposedly going to be being rolled out nationally,
not just on SWT. It was one of the decisions following the stations report
prepared for the last Transport Secretary, the idea being that signage will
no longer be changed with franchise renewals.

Seems to be almost a European standard. DB, SNCF and SBB (OK, not EU,
I know) use that format. I think it looks quite nice, personally.

Next stop, a National Rail livery?

Yes please!

Not just one livery. One for InterCity, one for Network SouthEast,
one for Regional Railways and one for JockRail.