Old May 18th 10, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / new

On Mon, 17 May 2010 23:56:03 +0100
Tom Barry wrote:
Obviously amount of road taken up isn't the be all and end all - the 521
bunches badly whenever I've seen it post-conversion; my personal record
is four in a row. In any case anyone in the industry will tell you it's
not buses that hold up traffic but junctions.

They may be what people with a vested interest will say but anyone who drives
in londons knows that if theres slow moving traffic theres either a bus or
a pensioner at the head of it. Usually the former. And the best bit is when
bus drivers can't be arsed to pull into bus stops even where they're clear
and just stop in the middle of the road causing a jam. And thats before you
get onto the topic of the underpowered heaps not being able to maintain the
speed limit going up certain hills such as hampstead, highgate and mill hill.

B2003