Old May 18th 10, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / new

On Tue, 18 May 2010 09:13:41 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

Buses make junctions even worse by either not being able to accelerate
quick enough to allow many vehicles behind to get through.

When I am a bus passenger, and especially when standing, the last
thing I want to endure is rapid acceleration.

You might be more content about the situation if you regard the roads
as being there primarily for commercial vehicles and public transport,
with cars somewhat further down the pecking order.

Your current approach is perhaps rather too reminiscent of Mr Toad,
and it didn't seem to do him much good. ;-)