Old May 18th 10, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Stephen Allcroft Stephen Allcroft is offline

Default New Bus for London unveiled

On 17 May, 16:39, E27002 wrote:
On May 17, 6:26*am, Basil Jet wrote:

On 17/05/2010 12:56, Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-boris-johnson....

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

It would be a good looking mayor if only it combed its hair.

Is there any room for seating on the lower level? *Those doors and
stairwells take space. *I can see seating for the elderly and infirm
being limited.

At least it isn't a pastiche, like the competition entires, although
the rear dome looks rather exaggerated to me, something like the
Viberti double deckers Turin used in the 1960s.