Old May 18th 10, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / new Routemaster) unveiled

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:59 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

I'm 6'3" and never noticed this supposed lack of legroom on
Routemasters. I notice it all the time on modern buses though - I
suppose the difference is that the RM's seat backs had a bit of give in
them instead of being made of hard plastic shells, and so I could sit
without crushing my kneecaps.

I find the newer buses (Wright, Alexander Dennis and ELC) have fewer
seats upstairs so have more legroom.

By the way, I'm about the same height as you (6' 4"). Perhaps the
ratio of upper to lower leg is different - that can make a major
difference. But I could only sit on the very front, very back
(upstairs) or side-facing seats - at any other I'd need to sit
sideways. And they weren't wide enough for 2 people, really.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.