Old May 19th 10, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / new Routemaster) unveiled

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 03:49:33AM -0700, MIG wrote:
On 18 May, 11:32, David Cantrell wrote:
Supposedly, having uniformed staff makes some people feel safer too.

The security guard aspect was less in my mind than the helpfulness
possibilities.

I don't believe it myself. In the unlikely event of a bunch of chav
scum starting a fight on a bus, I doubt the conductor would break it up.
Nor do I think that the chav scum would wait until they were off the
bus merely because there's a conductor on board.

But whether they actually make good security guards has no bearing on
whether people *think* they do. If people only thought that stuff that
was actually useful was indee useful, then we'd not have anything like
as many CCTV cameras.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

One person can change the world, but most of the time they shouldn't
-- Marge Simpson