Old May 19th 10, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ELL: poor passenger information systems

On May 14, 4:06*pm, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

On 6 May, 19:13, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:
[snip]
There is one solitary Overground sign at New Cross Gate:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...rgr ound).jpg

I didn't notice new signs at Brockley - did you mean Honor Oak Park?
Also seen them at Sydenham, Penge West and Anerley.

They now seem to have appeared at Brockley, but not at Forest Hill.

Also the New Cross Gate signs have changed to the standard type seen
at stations south of the

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...gnage_2010.jpg

All this 'new' LO station name signage involves is just vinyl stickers
stuck on to the pre-existing signs. Seems a bit of a waste as all the
green Southern signs that are being covered up are pretty new, and
they're all high quality baked enamel things too. Southern could have
saved themselves a few bob by omitting these stations from the
replacement program, but then again I suppose that might not have
looked too good on their part (especially as they wanted to retain the
franchise at that point, plus they were generally overhauling their
whole image).