Old May 20th 10, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ELL: poor passenger information systems

On May 20, 3:00*pm, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

On 19 May, 17:41, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On May 14, 4:06 pm, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:
Also the New Cross Gate signs have changed to the standard type seen
at stations south of the

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...gnage_2010.JPG

All this 'new' LO station name signage involves is just vinyl stickers
stuck on to the pre-existing signs.

As per the NLL, this is just the temporary phase - the proper LO platform
roundels (LU like) or the alternative 'white with orange border' signs (as
seen at Clapham Junction or Stratford island platforms) *will probably not
be fitted for a while yet.

Paul S

Do you mean this type?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index..._signag e.jpg

He does I think, yes.

See these examples from Clapham Jn:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/2918681993/
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/2918694477/

Must admit I'm not entirely au fait with the logic of having temporary
sign styles which are then replaced with a different permanent style
at a later date - though I think it's to do with whether stations are
up to the requisite LO standard is it not?

Because the one example in this style at NXG was replaced with the
black/orange style!

Though that one example was nowt other than a vinyl sticker stuck over
the old (but not old really) green Southern nameboard, which was still
quite visible in the photo you linked to earlier:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...rgr ound).jpg