Old May 20th 10, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Earls Court platform indicators

A visit on my way to my mother's after my ELL trip gave a me a chance to
compare the new next trains style screen with the listed arrow and
enamelled plates indicators.

As my photo at www.rosenstiel.co.uk/trains/earlsct.jpg shows, they just
don't agree.

Shortly before I took the picture a D stock train arrived on platform 4
which was indicated as for Olympia but changed to Ealing Broadway. The
screen showed an Olympia before an Ealing. After the Ealing departed the
indicator arrow changed to Olympia as in the photo but the screen stayed
with Ealing, the olympia indication having gone with the Ealing's
departure.

Nothing is shown for platform 3 on the screen. It was where the Wimbledon
train I caught later arrived and I departed, as indicated by the arrow on
the indicator.

Why also the distinction between "Wimbledon Branch" and "Wimbledon" on the
screen, BTW? The former was a Wimbleware but definitely for Wimbledon. It
arrived before mine departed.

--
Colin Rosenstiel