Old May 20th 10, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr. Sunil Dr. Sunil is offline

Default 2009 Victoria Line Stock

On 20 May, 17:02, "Recliner" wrote:
"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

On 14 May, 09:47, "Recliner" wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
Of course, most Victoria Line journeys are short, and all are
entirely underground. The 2009 stock can't operate on any other Tube
line, and nor will it be the basis for the replacement Piccadilly
Line stock (which is likely to be based on the current Northern Line
stock). I think the limited, harder, mainly/entirely longitudinal
seating will be more of a problem with the new S stock, which will
often be used for much longer journeys on the District and Met lines.

I rode on a 2009 train this morning between Vauxhall and Euston, which
surprised me (it must have been about midday). I took a couple of
photos just after getting off at Euston (apologies for noise/blur):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index...9_stock_at_Eus...
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index...9_stock_at_Eus...

Is there a deep-level stock in development with full articulation,
because I was expecting the 2009s to be articulated like the S stock.

No, the S Stock is not articulated, but it does have wide gangways (like
the 378s). That wouldn't be possible on a non-articulated Tube-sized
train.

The proposal for articulated stock on the Victoria line (the Space
Train) was dropped some years ago, and I don't believe that there are
any current proposals. The only likely order for new Tube trains in the
next decade is for the Piccadilly Line, and it's likely that they will
be conventional trains based on the current 1995 Stock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenk1977/108328170/

Other than trams/LRVs and Eurostars, I don't know of any current or
proposed articulated trains in the UK.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry by "articulated" I was indeed thinking of the 378s, not the DLR!