Old May 21st 10, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default the little fare balance screen

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 07:29:54PM -0400, redcat wrote:

At Queensway one evening I hesitated while peering at the little screen
and then the gate wouldn't let me through. I compounded this sin by
touching the sensor with my Oyster again. I was still stuck, only now I
had about 100 tired commuters behind me saying to go see the station
master.

Really long story short, I got electro-charged 2 more fares by the time
I was liberated, but I had the money put back by the fare booth man up
the road at Bayswater. (Something told me to check my balance.) He
printed out a slip of paper with all my underground journeys!

But remember, Oyster is easy to use and so much more convenient than
proper tickets!

comparative and superlative explained:

Huhn worse, worser, worsest, worsted, wasted