Old May 21st 10, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default South West Trains platform signage.

On May 21, 3:16*pm, Neil Williams
wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2010 16:48:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Sunil"
wrote:

Worcester Park also has the white on black signage, but lacking zone
info (the the others like this being Hampton Court and New Malden).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ew_signage.JPG

Looks fairly professional.

Wonder if the colour scheme - specifically the inverted white on navy
blue (for that's what it is right - it's not black I don't think) is
intended to discourage casual graffitists and taggers, what with the
lack of empty white space? Or maybe it just provides the best
contrast.

What's the font? It looks like the SWT house font to me, which is why
I wonder whether this is the embodiment of a new national standard...
Or maybe the standard is rather loose, merely specifying white on navy
blue text, but the font is of the TOCs choosing.

Looking back at the Surbiton examples in the first post of this
thread, it is indeed the same font - and it's not the classic (BR)
Rail Alphabet font either.