Old May 21st 10, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default South West Trains platform signage.

On May 21, 8:40*pm, MIG wrote:

On 21 May, 00:52, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

On 20 May, 18:57, MIG wrote:

On 20 May, 14:43, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

On 19 May, 21:14, MIG wrote:

Due to this discussion I've now noticed a new style of external
station sign, which incorporates a BR arrows of indecision in white on
red and, in a panel at the bottom, the station name in white on
black*.

*or very dark blue or charcoal or whatever.

I know the signage is London Overground, but the National Rail like
this one at Penge West?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index...nce_2010. JPG

No; the one I noticed recently was more like the white on red BR sign
that can also be seen in the picture, but with a white on black
station name below the red panel. *So the symbol is vertically above
the name, and bigger than the name.

I'll see if I can get a snap of one somewhere.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi..._entrance..JPG
You mean just like the above but the lettering colours reversed?-

Here's what I mean. *Pardon the crappy picture. *I couldn't get the
Thing to work, and then as I was giving up the shutter went off.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fenny.jpg

That looks very much like the London Midland house font to me -
whether the black backing is explained by that being the LM house
style too (see their printed publicity or website for example), or
because there's some edict that station nameboards and totems won't
carry TOC logos any more I dunno. But if there is such an edict then
it' would appear to be somewhat loose.