Old May 23rd 10, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard Adamfi[_2_] Richard Adamfi[_2_] is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

I got the first Overground train from West Croydon due at 0642. It
actually came at 0649.

The ticket office was closed so I had to use Oyster for the first
trip.

I had planned to change at Surrey Quays so I could go back to Crystal
Palace but I missed the connection due to the delay so I went to
Whitechapel instead. I then picked up a free ticket at Whitechapel
ticket office. It came in an Overground branded wallet with a
commemorative ticket on the right and a regular Zones 1 to 6 Day
Travelcard on the left. So the free ticket isn't just for the East
London Line!