Old May 23rd 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Yellow front panels

On May 20, 9:49*am, "Tim Fenton" wrote:

Not impressed with the style, b

Its a Prima, and is the current Alstom version of the body of a UK 67.

It is a bit complicated as since 67s were built, Alstom sold off the
Spanish plant to Vossloh, and Vossloh has developed its own styling
and product line, whereas Alstoms' own Belfort plant keeps the Prima
name.

But, it is not too far from the truth to suggest if there were trickle
orders for 67s in the same way that 66s continue[d] to sell, we might
now in 2010 have new 67s built with this ... ummm ... style if Alstom
retained the 67 design rights.

If not, they'd probably look like this

http://www.jernbane.net/db/type.asp?ID=728

although these are freight CoCo - specifically the Euro4000 version
for Norway that will eventually displace the local 66s.

Part of the reason I referred to that site is this page

http://www.jernbane.net/db/type.asp?ID=92

which not only has yellow ends but lower down that bright green ended
thing. I think it possible these days 50 years after BR warning yellow
was introduced that alternative bright colours might be considered as
acceptable warnings. There might have to be some trade off with
different minimum areas for different colours or shades of colours,
but from the safety I don't see what wrong with sunglo orange or lime
green to a right specification. Might look revolting of course.

--
Nick