Old May 23rd 10, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

Stephen Furley wrote:
On 23 May, 12:12, Abigail Brady wrote:
As of my visit to West Croydon at 12.12 the info is still claiming
that trains will be departing from platform 1, correcting itself
later...

I was on the same train. I heard the correction that the train would
now depart from platform 3, but did not hear the original
announcement. If they're going to reverse four Overground trains in
platform 3 each hour without getting in the way of Southern trains
running through the station then there are going to have to be some
pretty smart turn-arounds.

Not so - they'll run through into the turnback siding thoughtfully provided
just beyond the station, as reported in Paul C's post elsewhere in the
thread.

Paul S