Old May 23rd 10, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

Stephen Furley wrote:
On 23 May, 20:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Not so - they'll run through into the turnback siding thoughtfully
provided just beyond the station, as reported in Paul C's post
elsewhere in the thread.

I see. I arrived at the station just before the train was due to
leave, so it was already in the platform, and I didn't see where it
had come from. I think this is the first time I have been in West
Croydon station since the Wimbledon branch closed. I never need to go
towards Sutton, and if heading towards London then East Croydon is
quicker.

I should have added that I expect trains can arrive in platform 3 from the
Norwood direction, I believe there have been some additional signals to
allow all sorts of extra moves. But as I was suggesting earlier in response
to Paul C, it makes sense to have a normal plan for when the timetable is
doing ok.

I reckon the trains will have less than 10 mins in the turnback, so once
they are that late they may well arrive into platform 3.

Paul S