Old May 23rd 10, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 23, 6:23 pm, MIG wrote:

On 23 May, 18:12, Paul Corfield wrote:
[snip]
You have to make allowances for us "north of the river people" for whom
the "Southern Region" is still a bit of a mystery.

From that fact that you survived, I assume that you had plenty of
garlic and silver bullets.

I took a day off drinking blood today and went for a ride on the ELL -
though I didn't actually venture north of the river this time (had
forgotten my passport).

Anyhow, great stuff - the ELLX proper is finally here! Got a number of
thoughts on it all, both the 'new' bits and the rest, how it all fits
together, and what it all means for Londinium (...er, that last bit
sounds like it has the potential for extreme pretentiousness!).

But it'll have to wait - which will likely come as a relief - as I'm
somewhat frazzled after a long day spent out and about in the sun.
(Oh, the sunlight things a myth, BTW.) And no, it wasn't a long day
coz I spent it all on the ELL - I'm not that obsessed! Indeed, I
actually managed to use the line to get somewhere too, shock
horror... ;-)