Old January 18th 04, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper 625 Nick Cooper 625 is offline

Default Heavy steel doors at Holborn

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Nick Cooper 625 wrote:

The service between ADDISON ROAD and LATIMER ROAD has been
suspended.

[...]
Metropolitan. Closed between:
Kings Cross and Moorgate (Damage H.E. 10/9 and 24/9),
expect to re-open Oct. 10th, amd Latimer Road-Addison Road
(25/9) expect re-open Oct. 1st.

Interesting that you quote that particular "suspension", as AFAIK the line
from Latimer Road to Addison Road (now Kensington Olympia) was never
reopened.

Most sources quote the closure as 19/10/40. The daily reports up to
03/10 have the service suspended since 25/09, and it's not mentioned
after that upto and including 12/10 (which is as far as I'm
transcribed my notes so far), which suggests that it did reopen
briefly. It's probably the case, though, that the earlier suspension
precipitated the eventual closure of the branch.