Old May 24th 10, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message
On 23 May, 03:14, E27002 wrote:

Network Rails local radial routes "belong" to commuters. The
Underground is the railway of Commuters and Tourists. In many ways
the Overground system is London's railway for Londoners. I hope in
time we will see further development. I look forward to visiting
London and checking out the new system for myself.

This will make it easier to get onto the DLR from Croydon. Until now
it's been very slow, via Lewisham, on either the 75, or Tramlink to
Elmers end, and then train. The East London still takes quite a time
to get to Shadwell, but at least the journey to most DLR destinations
will be shorter from there than from Lewisham.

What is happening this morning? All CrPal trains seem to be terminating
Surrey Quays. I was planning to try it out today.

MaxB