Old May 24th 10, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On May 24, 10:09 am, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Batman55
writes

What is happening this morning? All CrPal trains seem to be terminating
Surrey Quays. I was planning to try it out today.

Live departure boards are currently (10.08) showing that the service is
running through to Crystal Palace.

Nothing showing on LO JourneyCheck at the time of posting (10:30):
http://www.jcheck.com/londonoverground

Wonder how busy it was this morning. Also wonder how many people might
have got stuck at Canada Water waiting for a sliver of space on an
eastbound Jubilee line train during the height of the rush... the
solution being go to Shadwell instead of course (well for those Canary
Wharf bound at least).

(Perhaps a bit of a shame that the riverbus service doesn't stop at a
pier near Rotherhithe or even Wapping stations, though I rather doubt
there'd really be the requisite demand to support it.)
===============

I have certainly just completed a journey from West Croydon to Dalston and
back to CP without problem. However, the Nat Rail journey planner is still
showing the services as cancelled!

Incidentally, I really don't like travelling in totally back-to-window
trains. Its OKish if you are underground but, like several other people, I
spent my most of my journey twisted round to look out of the window. Its a
bit like travelling in a long corridor with seating for the exhausted at
intervals along the wall!

Also, I only travelled in one unit there and back but the recording for
Next/Shortly arriving/Arrived at Brockley kept saying "...Aukley". On the
return the same happened at New Cross Gate but the Shortly arriving message
sounded almost right and when we got to Brockley, she definitely got it
right. That suggests to me that the lady actually travels on the train and
needed to practise a bit! Has that been others experience - is this a job
creation programme?

Do I assume that Shoreditch High St station will be subsumed into some
skyscraper in due course - it was really disappointing to sit in a concrete
box just at the most interesting viewpoint?

MaxB