Old May 24th 10, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default GBP108 million cut to TfL's transport grant

"Tom Barry" wrote in message

Recliner wrote:

On the same bulletin I heard that the Mayor has confirmed this
morning that the Western Extension of the Congestion Charge will be
scrapped by the end of the year, so that's a source of income that
will no longer exist.

I thought this was approximately revenue neutral?

Sure that wasn't a Gilligan thing based on a highly idiosyncratic
reading of the figures?

Actually, Boris has stopped the annual Congestion Charge review report
being published, so it's really hard to tell.

I can't remember where I read it, but I suppose it might have come from
him. But it looks like I was wrong, though, as you say, it's hard to
know what the actual *net* revenue is. I seem to remember even Ken
saying that the CC scheme was more about cutting traffic than raising
revenue, particularly after the revenues were less than expected, and
the costs higher.